Garamond URW Extra Bold Font
- Font Name
- Garamond URW Extra Bold Font
- Font Family
- URW GaramondURW Garamond
- Copyright 2010 URW++ Design & Development
- URW Garamond is a 56 font weight family published by the German type foundry URW. Garamond is the name given to a group of old-style serif typefaces named for the punch-cutter Claude Garamond. Most of the Garamond faces are more closely related to the work of a later punch-cutter, Jean Jannon. A direct relationship between Garamond's letterforms and contemporary type can be found in the Roman versions of the typefaces Adobe Garamond, Granjon, Sabon, and Stempel Garamond.
Garamond's letterforms convey a sense of fluidity and consistency. Some unique characteristics in his letters are the small bowl of the a and the small eye of the e. Long extenders and top serifs have a downward slope.
Garamond is considered to be among the most legible and readable serif typefaces for use in print (offline) applications. It has also been noted to be one of the most eco-friendly major fonts when it comes to ink usage.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Denominator, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Ordinals, Scientific Inferiors, Small Caps, Superscript
- Posted by
- URW Type Foundry GmbH
- Posted on
- Dec 26, 2010
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.