Ratio Modern ExtraBold Font
- Font Name
- Ratio Modern ExtraBold Font
- Font Family
- Ratio ModernRatio Modern
- Copyright 2011 Canada Type. All rights reserved.
- Designed in 1923 by Friedrich Kleukens for the Stempel foundry, Ratio was one of the first metal faces to bring the Didone genre to the forefront of industrial mass publishing as a headline and magazine face. Though essentially modern in construct, Ratio incorporates some old-style and transitional traits, managing to summarize the European evolution of this particular aesthetic. This is evident in its shaped serifs, soft roundings, an elegantly subdued italic, the variation of its shapes between weights, and the obvious fat face influence in the ExtraBold. Thus Ratio finds the balance between modern elegance and fine typographic tradition.
This exclusive digitization expands on the original metal set by including small capitals and many alternates in all the styles. It also boasts a larger than usual linguistic support.
- Standard, Standard Ligatures, Stylistic Alternates
- Posted by
- Canada Type
- Posted on
- Sep 07, 2011
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.