Scotch Micro Bold Font
- Font Name
- Scotch Micro Bold Font
- Font Family
- Scotch ModernScotch Modern
- Copyright (c) 2009 by Nick Shinn. All rights reserved.
- Scotch Modern is a revival of the typeface used in the book New York State Cabinet of Natural History.
This beautiful genre of type, so popular in books, magazines and advertisements during the Victorian era and much of the 20th century, was derided by advocates of both the Arts & Crafts movement and 20th century modernists, and has never been properly adapted to hot metal, phototype, or digital media -- until now.
Now the full range of typographic expression is possible in this style. The OpenType fonts support Western and CE encodings, Cyrillic (with Bulgarian alternates) and Polytonic Greek. There are many special features, including small caps, unicase, italic swash capitals, ten sets of figures per font, and both slashed and nut (vertical) fractions.
Recontextualizing the 10-point type of a scientific report published in 1870, Shinn has produced sleekly refined, micro-detailed vector drawings by eye, without the assistance of scans, thus presenting an ironic critique of the way in which mechanical imagery beguiles us with the trite veracity of simulacra.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Capitals to Small Caps, Contextual Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Glyph Comp/Decomp, Discretionary Ligatures, Denominator, Fractions, Historical Forms, Standard Ligatures, Lining Figures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Oldstyle Figures, Ordinals, Proportional Figures, Stylistic Alternates, Scientific Inferiors, Small Caps, Subscript, Superscript, Titling Alternates, Tabular Figures
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Jun 18, 2009
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2021 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.