P22 St G Schrift Pro Italic Font
- Font Name
- P22 St G Schrift Pro Italic Font
- Font Family
- P22 ST G SchriftP22 ST G Schrift
- Copyright (c) International House of Fonts - P22 type foundry, 2005. All rights reserved.
- P22 ST.G Shrift is a font series based on the type designs of Stefan George with an italic version designed by Colin Kahn. Stefan George (1868-1933) was a German poet who led the revolt against realism in German literature. All of his works were privately published and the typefaces that were used reflected his neo-classic and anti-industrial (progressive) aesthetics; oftentimes consisting of his own hand-lettering designs. The original font was cast in 1907 by a small foundry in Germany and was used primarily for the works of George as well as other books including a monumental edition of Dante's Divine Comedy.
The ST.G Shrift fonts contained in this set are derived from 3 known variations of the original roman typeface, St.G., found in various books published in Berlin in the early 20th century. ST.G Shrift One contains the most idiosyncratic characters, while ST.G Shrift Two uses more familiar characters as well as a redesign of characters including the t and the k to be more in keeping with modern san-serif designs.
The Opentype version of the roman contains both One and Two and expands on them by including central European characters, small caps, and small caps titling figures. The small caps titling figures are derived from the first version of the typeface. Below is a features list (accessible through the type palette in Adobe programs) and their functions:
ST.G Shrift Opentype Features:
Small Caps: Changes Lowercase to Small Caps
Titling Figures: Changes Uppercase to Titling Caps, and Small Caps to Small Caps Titling Figures
Contextual Alternates: Changes Character Set to match ST.G One and changes Small Caps to Titling Small Caps
Ornaments: Changes < > and • (greater, less and bullet) to ornaments
ST.G Shrift Italic is an art nouveau version of the roman.
The Opentype version includes central European characters, small caps, titling caps, titling small caps and ornaments. Below is a features list (accessible through the type palette in Adobe programs) and their functions:
Small Caps: changes lower case to small caps
Titling Figures: changes upper case to titling caps, and small caps to small caps titling figures
Ornaments: changes < > and • (greater, less and bullet) to ornaments.
Designed by Colin Kahn.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Capitals to Small Caps, Standard Ligatures, Ornaments, Stylistic Alternates, Small Caps, Titling Alternates
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Dec 27, 2011
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.