Caslon 540 BT Regular Font
- Font Name
- Caslon 540 BT Regular Font
- Font Family
- Caslon 540Caslon 540
- Copyright 1987-1992 as an unpublished work by Bitstream Inc., Cambridge, MA. All rights reserved. Confidential and proprietary to Bitstream Inc. Copyright (c) ParaType, Inc., 2005. All rights reserved.
- The Bitstream version of Caslon 540 of the American Type Founders, 1902. Based on William Caslon I's first English Old Style typefaces of 1725. Caslon modeled his designs based on late 17th century Dutch types, but his artistic skills enabled him to improve those models, bringing a variety of forms and subtlety of details. Strokes in Caslon fonts are somewhat heavier than in earlier Old Style fonts, serifs are thicker and a bit stubby. Italic letters have uneven slope. A text set in Caslon looks legible and aesthetically appealing. Caslon is a favorite font of English printers for setting of classical literature. Cyrillic version was developed for ParaType in 2002 by Isay Slutsker and Manvel Shmavonyan.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Discretionary Ligatures, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Numerator, Ordinals, Proportional Figures, Stylistic Alternates, Superscript, Tabular Figures
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Aug 16, 2012
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2016 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.