Quartal Extended Italic Font
- Font Name
- Quartal Extended Italic Font
- Font Family
- Copyright 2011 ParaType Inc., ParaType Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Quartal is a family of stylish sans serif typefaces of condensed proportions. The family consists of 5 regular weights, 4 condensed ones and 13 extended styles (7 upright and 6 italic). At first there was intention to release just 4 condensed weights for headlines and advertizing texts, but later 5 styles of wider proportions were added. As the result the area of applications becomes much wider due to possibility to use the font for smaller point sizes. The name Quartal, which in this case means city quarter, according to author's associations emphasizes advertizing nature of the design most suitable to the urban environment. Character set of the fonts covers alphabets of Western Europe and basic Cyrillic languages. Besides it includes a range of alternatives, especially in Cyrillic part. Design was done by Oleg Karpinsky. Released by ParaType in 2010. In 2011 13 new styles of extended proportions were added to Quartal family by the same author. 7 new weights and 6 corresponding italics make Quartal useful for setting not very long texts in advertising and display matter, and for magazines as well.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Glyph Composition/Decomposition, Discretionary Ligatures, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Ordinals, Superscript
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Sep 04, 2012
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.