Citymap Rounded Inline Oblique Font
- Font Name
- Citymap Rounded Inline Oblique Font
- Font Family
- Citymap RoundedCitymap Rounded
- v.1.2, Copyright (c) 19952002 TypeArt(R) Foundry Inc. All Rights Reserved. This TypeArt(R) font was designed by Lloyd Springer. "TypeArt" is a registered trademark of the TypeArt Foundry Inc. "Citymap Rounded" is a trademark of the TypeArt Foundry Inc.
- The original Macintosh computers originally came with a system font, selected because it had a very legible and pleasant looking bitmap.
The original bitmapped font got replaced somewhere along the way with a TrueType version which renders without the jagged edges. This font family is a simulation original bitmap version which can now be printed faithfully as a bitmap at any pointsize and in a form that can be viewed properly as a bitmap in WYSIWYG mode (even at larger point sizes). These fonts also have proper spacing and kerning (something which was never true of the original font), allowing you to set quite pleasing text for print documents. As a further bonus, oblique versions of the bitmaps were produced, allowing you the opportunity to ponder this incredible digital paradox.
WHY ARE THEY ROUNDED?
These rounded bitmaps were produced because the curves are small enough that at small point sizes the font looks similar to the original bitmap font, while at larger point sizes it has a softer and more elegant "non-bit" look.
Both the Light and Inline versions were created to provide interesting and artsy variations of the pseudo-bitmap theme. They allow for numerous options when using these fonts for modern design applications.
Citymap Rounded™ has been spaced and kerned in anticipation that it will be used at larger point sizes, where the elegance of the "curved bitmaps" can be most appreciated. When using this font at smaller, text point sizes, we recommend that you increase the tracking of the font slightly.
FULL CHARACTER SET
Each font in the Citymap Rounded™ family has a full character set of 232+ letterforms, with all characters designed in the style of the font.
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Oct 10, 2012
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.