Steinburg Modern Inline Font
- Font Name
- Steinburg Modern Inline Font
- Font Family
- Steinburg ModernSteinburg Modern
- v.1.1, Copyright (c) 19952002 TypeArt(R) Foundry Inc. All Rights Reserved. This TypeArt(R) font was designed by Lloyd Springer. "TypeArt" is a registered trademark of the TypeArt Foundry Inc. "Steinburg Modern" is a trademark of the TypeArt Foundry Inc.
- Steinburg Modern™ is largely a variation on a Garamond-styled typeface with differences in some character designs and in the overall character proportions. In addition, the curved brackets that were a distinctive part of Garamond's 16th century design are perhaps the most noticable "missing" design element. In the Steinburg Modern™, the "Modern" serifs are square, and give it a distinguished and clean look, even better appreciated when the font is set at larger point sizes.
More liberties have been taken with the italic versions, with the addition of a few mini-swashes and assorted other stylings. The angle of the italic was deliberately minimized to allow for more pleasing readibility.
ITALIC AND OBLIQUE
Because setting type with true italics does not always produce the desired effect, we have also included 2 Oblique fonts for use in place of the Italics. The Oblique fonts look fabulous for headers or footers at small point sizes.
STEINBURG MODERN™ "st" LIGATURES
To achieve the distinctive "st" ligatures, Mac users type "shift-option-v". PC users can achieve the ligatures by typing "Alt-0172".
FULL CHARACTER SET
Each font in the Steinburg Modern™ family has a full character set of 232+ letterforms, with all characters designed in the style of the font.
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Mar 04, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.