Ashemore Cond Thin Italic Font
- Font Name
- Ashemore Cond Thin Italic Font
- Font Family
- Copyright (c) 2012 by Jeremy Dooley. All rights reserved.
- Ashemore developed as a result of my visits to Barcelona, Spain and to Germany, followed soon after by a visit to Asheville, North Carolina. Blending the styles of art and architecture from these three areas may seem initially to result in an unusual formula, but the distinct and flamboyant style of Art Nouveau and the Arts and Crafts style combined with the more strict rules of a sans serif transfer well into a beautiful and very usable blend of these individually eccentric forms. The resulting font retains the Art Nouveau and Craftsman style flavors, which shine through the typeface despite its geometric base.
One of the font’s defining characteristics is the unique terminators of its C, G and S. This face’s texture and rhythm also move well in longer texts. These and other features give Ashemore a restrained bohemian vibe that seems particularly appropriate for a coffee house or an art gallery.
The Ashemore family has a full range of six weights from thin to black and includes condensed and extended options for a total of 36 fonts. The typeface also includes some unique OpenType alternates that make the superfamily even more versatile. Ashemore is equipped for complex professional typography, including alternates, small caps and many alternate characters. The face also has a number of numeral sets, including tabular figures, fractions, old-style, lining figures and superiors and inferiors. OpenType-capable applications such as Quark or the Adobe Suite can take full advantage of automatic ligatures and alternates. You can find these features demonstrated in the .pdf brochure.
Ashemore also includes the glyphs to support a wide range of languages, including Central, Eastern and Western European languages. In all, Ashemore supports over 40 languages that use the extended Latin script, making the new addition a great choice for multi-lingual publications and packaging.
Ashemore was designed by Jeremy Dooley with production assistance from Lucas Azevedo and Marcelo Magalhaes. Kerning assistance from iKern.
- Standard, Capitals to Small Caps, Discretionary Ligatures, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Oldstyle Figures, Stylistic Alternates, Scientific Inferiors, Small Caps, Superscript, Titling Alternates, Tabular Figures
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Dec 06, 2012
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.