Wilke Kursiv SC Bold Font
- Font Name
- Wilke Kursiv SC Bold Font
- Font Family
- Wilke Kursiv ProWilke Kursiv Pro
- Copyright 2013 Hans van Maanen. Published by Canada Type. All rights reserved.
- Martin Wilke's underrated yet influential deco classic from 1932 has both feet firmly planted in the high traditions of Western European calligraphy while carefully and subtly introducing some traits from the sweeping geometric/minimalist vision of the time. In a way, it was one the represetatives of the European anti-type typefaces of that era, when print media was searching for the elusive aesthetic balance between humanism and geometry. This typeface enjoyed some popularity in Germany for a few years, and went on to influence further type designs in Holland and Italy. After the second World War, the black hole that swallowed a big chunk of Europe's print culture, new influences and technologies overtook the scene, and selective historical emphasis ensued, highlighting some of the era's designs and overlooking others. Further selective picking in the digital era all but buried Wilke's body of work - unfairly so, because he was just as important in German type history as Bernhard, Post, Schneidler, Tiemann and Trump.
The original metal Wilke Kursiv came in one weight. This digital version goes a long way in expanding on that original offering. Now Wilke's masterpiece comes in three weights, and with a full Pro treatment including swash caps, small capitals, five types of figures, automatic fractions, and plenty of other OpenType niceties. Each of the Wilke Kursiv Pro fonts comes with over 700 characters, and contains support for most Latin-based languages. Also available are three non-Pro fonts in each weight.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Denominator, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Ordinals, Scientific Inferiors, Subscript, Superscript
- Posted by
- Canada Type
- Posted on
- Mar 17, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.