HWT Gothic Round Plain Font
- Font Name
- HWT Gothic Round Plain Font
- Font Family
- HWT Gothic RoundHWT Gothic Round
- Copyright (c) 2013 by P22 type foundry/Hamilton Wood Type Foundry. All rights reserved.
- Gothic Round was first introduced as wood type by the George Nesbitt Co. in 1838. The font is a softened variation of a standard heavy Gothic typeface. The style evokes a much more recent history of the 1960s and 70s and can be seen in such places as donut shops and on children's toys as well as inspiration for such fonts as VAG Rounded.
Gothic Round has not previously been available as a digital font until now. The font was digitized by Miguel Sousa from a wide variety of historical sources, including visits to the Cary Collection at RIT (Rochester, NY), WNY Book Arts Center (Buffalo, NY) and the Hamilton Wood Type Museum (Two Rivers, WI). The result is a very solid and contemporary font with a 175 year history.
- Standard, Standard Ligatures
- Posted by
- Hamilton Wood Type Foundry
- Posted on
- Oct 16, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.