Gentleman 1000 Black Font
- Font Name
- Gentleman 1000 Black Font
- Font Family
- Copyright (c) 2013 by Juraj CHRASTINA. All rights reserved.
- It all started with my affection for geometric typefaces. I have always liked their unevenness. Unlike modern proportions types with quite a plain appearance, geometric typefaces tend to keep some dynamism and depth. The decision was taken: my new face should be based on the elementary forms of geometry. But some questions remained. The legibility and the friendliness of such designs. The generous x-height of Gentleman, constant throughout the family, increased the legibility and allowed a low-contrast construction even for thicker weights.
While the sans-serif simplicity looks cool and modern, several subtle decorative distractions are able to enrich the design by personality and by a warm and organic feeling. Indeed, Gentleman got a few distinctive elements. The uppercase G has no bar. The letters a, d, l and p obtained outstroke terminals. A double-story a left more space to the creativity.
And at the end of the endless refinements and revisions, here we are with the Gentleman family, trying to become eye-pleasing in spite of its geometric simplicity.
Gentleman comes in 10 weights from hairline to black.
The fonts are equipped with carefully fine-tuned kerning tables.
- Standard, Standard Ligatures
- Posted by
- Juraj Chrastina
- Posted on
- Nov 13, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.