Grosse Pointe Metro Medium Font
- Font Name
- Grosse Pointe Metro Medium Font
- Font Family
- Grosse Pointe MetroGrosse Pointe Metro
- Copyright (c) Grosse Pointe Group, LLC, 2008. All rights reserved.
- Grosse Pointe Metro™ is GroupType's version of W.A. Dwiggins' 1930 Metrolite. Metrolite was first commissioned by Mergenthaler in 1929 to bring a slightly more human and friendly design choice to compete in the US with the highly popular European, geometric sans serif typefaces of the time including Paul Renner's Futura. However, Dwiggins’ best efforts proved that human warmth had little to do with cool geometry; for twelve years, until the introduction of Spartan, Mergenthaler lost ground to Intertype’s licensed version of Futura.
- Standard, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Ordinals
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Dec 19, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.