P22 Marcel Script Pro Font
- Font Name
- P22 Marcel Script Pro Font
- Font Family
- P22 MarcelP22 Marcel
- Copyright (c) 2013 by Carolyn Porter. All rights reserved.
- The font P22 Marcel is named in honor of Marcel Heuzé, a Frenchman who was conscripted into labor during World War II. During the months Marcel was in Germany, he wrote letters to his beloved wife and daughters back home in rural France. Marcel’s letters contain rare first-person testimony of day-to-day survival within a labor camp, along with the most beautiful expressions of love imaginable. The letters — stained and scarred with censor marks — were the original source documents used by designer Carolyn Porter to create a script font that retains the expressive character of Marcel Heuzé’s original handwriting.
The result of years of research and design work, P22 Marcel Script features more than 1300 glyphs. The font is a highly readable running script that includes textural details that capture the look of ink on paper. The font Marcel Caps is a hand-lettered titling face intended as a companion to the Script. Marcel EuroPost One and Two each feature more than 200 postmarks, cancellation and censor marks, and other embellishments found on historical letters and documents.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Contextual Alternates, Discretionary Ligatures, Standard Ligatures, Swash
- Posted by
- P22 Type Foundry
- Posted on
- Feb 13, 2014
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.