Filmotype Western Font
- Font Name
- Filmotype Western Font
- Font Family
- Filmotype WesternFilmotype Western
- Copyright (c) 2015 by Charles Gibbons for Font Diner. All rights reserved.
- Inspired by French Antique reverse-stress types of the 1880s, Filmotype Western was released in 1955 to expand its Flat Serif category. Popular in broadsides, circus posters and advertisements at the turn of the 19th century, Filmotype Western will add old fashioned sensibility and dramatic flair to any design project.
Feeling Cyrillic and Greek were a natural expansion of Filmotype Western, Charles Gibbons spent months researching and developing period authentic letterforms and paying close attention to linguistic details to assure accurate forms for native language readers. Filmotype Western supports over ninety languages including Russian and modern Greek and localized forms especially for setting Bulgarian, Serbian, Polish, Romanian and Turkish.
Filmotype Western was developed and expanded from the original font filmstrips and includes language specific stylistic alternates, automatic fractionals, full European language supported ordinals, an expansive set of alternate contextual and case-sensitive forms as well as a complete complement of ligatures and full scientific inferiors and superiors in dynamic OpenType format.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Contextual Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Denominator, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Ordinals, Stylistic Alternates, Subscript, Superscript
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Jul 30, 2014
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.