Liebelei Pro Unic Italic Light Font
- Font Name
- Liebelei Pro Unic Italic Light Font
- Font Family
- Copyright © 2012 by Ekke Wolf. All rights reserved.
- "Liebelei" – dalliance, flirtation, hanky-panky (leo.org); kind of diminutive of "Liebe" (German for love) The typeface Liebelei has its roots back in 1932, when Vienna-based painter Rudolf Vogl created the poster for a movie called Liebelei after the popular play by Arthur Schnitzler. Only the title letters existed of that typeface. I loved the letters from first sight and proceeded by adventurously interpreting the missing characters.
The goal was to create letterforms that fit to the original from the 1930s and represent a modern multi-purpose font. It should be an easy-to-use italic font with warm and friendly details and a huge variety of alternates and languages. The characteristic curled ends of most letters provide a script touch to the Liebelei.
The first font entirely designed was the bold one which corresponds to the original poster lettering, although I tweaked the proportions a tiny bit to a more contemporary shape.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Discretionary Ligatures, Localized Forms, Stylistic Alternates
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Jan 28, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.