URW Geometric Semi Bold Font
- Font Name
- URW Geometric Semi Bold Font
- Font Family
- URW GeometricURW Geometric
- (URW)++,Copyright 2016 by (URW)++ Design & Development
- URW Geometric is a sans serif typeface inspired by the German geometric typefaces of the 1920s but designed for modern usability. The character shapes have optimized proportions and an improved balance, the x-height is increased, ascenders and descenders are decreased. Special glyphs, which are often designed afterwards for the original geometric typefaces from the 1920s, are perfectly integrated in the URW Geometric.
These design characteristics increase the usability and legibility tremendously. With its 10 weights ranging from Thin to Black, plus 10 additional oblique styles, it has a great versatility in mind. The extreme light styles shine bright in large sizes, the middle weights are perfect for body copy and the bolder variants for the use of emphasis information or bring a strong impact to headlines and information.
The optically balanced styles are designed to work in perfect harmony together. URW Geometric is functional, strong, simple and harmonized in form, and at a glance appears as a modern variant of its predecessors. Apart from the basic characters the design has an extra focus on the special glyphs.
These are designed for todays needs. For example: the email glyph looks modern and unique, including a perfectly balanced spacing. The numero sign, in modern use called “hashtag”, is space saving and optically balanced for body text. Additionally, various extra and alternate glyphs are designed to provide a friendly usability. Including a wide Latin language support and character sets, URW Geometric is perfectly designed for today’s requirements. Please have a look at the URW Geometric Type Specimen (PDF) for further information.
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Dec 23, 2015
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.