Hernandez Niu ExtraLight Font
- Font Name
- Hernandez Niu ExtraLight Font
- Font Family
- Hernandez NiuHernandez Niu
- Copyright Â© 2016 by Daniel Hernandez. All rights reserved.
Until Feb 10, 2017
- In the typedesign industry the terms ‘nova’, ‘neue’, ‘next’, ‘new’ are often used to refer to a typeface that has been modified in different ways: redesign, technical readjustments, greater number of characters, etc.
At Latinotype we are now starting to use the word ‘niu’ to refer to these kinds of typefaces. Niu is an adaptation of the original word ‘new’, i.e., we have adapted this English word to the phonology and spelling of our own language but keeping the original meaning.
Race mixing, diversity, change and adaptation are part of the essence of Latin American culture and, at Latinotype, we are all constantly expressing these elements in everything we do. Latin Power!
Hernández Niu was designed by César Araya and Daniel Hernández. The font is based on the design of Hernández Bold: the thickest weight has been adapted to fit small text better. Five new styles have been added, ranging from neutral to more expressive fonts.
Hernández Niu is a display slab serif font of thickened serifs, functional expressive ink-traps and true italics. Detailed forms and counterforms allow this typeface to be used in very large sizes.
Hernández Niu is well-suited for publishing, small text and headlines. A wide variety of weights make the font a perfect choice for hierarchical type-setting, branding, logotypes, magazines, etc.
This font consists of 6 weights, ranging from Extra Light to Heavy, each with matching true italics. Hernández Niu comes with a set of 397 characters, making it possible to use the font in 212 different languages.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Ordinals
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Apr 22, 2016
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.