Copperplate Classic Light Round Font
- Font Name
- Copperplate Classic Light Round Font
- Font Family
- Copperplate Classic LightCopperplate Classic Light
- (c) 2005 Gert Wiescher, Wiescher-Design, Munich, Germany,
- "Copperplate" was the classic nineteenth century engravers typeface, consisting of capitals and small caps only. Among others (for example Deberny & Peignot) F. W. Goudy's cut for ATF around 1901 is probably the most widely known.
Copperplate typefaces are traditionally used for business cards and all that "serious" stuff. My "Copperplate Classic" is a completely new design, based on some old samples. To make it look more up-to-date and elegant, I gave it some extra swings here and there. The old fonts were all designed with clogging corners or "points that can break off" in the minds of its designers.
Today we do not have those problems any longer, so I could give my "Copperplate Classic" real sharp pointed serifs. To give you more choice I now added this light cut in three variations, light, sans and rounded!
- Posted by
- Wiescher Design
- Posted on
- Jun 14, 2016
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.