Kate Greenaways Alphabet Font
- Font Name
- Kate Greenaways Alphabet Font
- Font Family
- Kate Greenaway AlphabetKate Greenaway Alphabet
- (c) 2005 Gert Wiescher, Wiescher-Design, Munich, Germany,
Until Feb 22, 2018
- Some time ago I bought my smallest book ever "Kate Greenaway's Alphabet" 57 x 72 mm. I thought it was the sweetest little book I had ever seen. Not knowing about the fame of the designer »Kate Greenaway« (1846-1901) I put it in some dark drawer and looked at it from time to time.
Kate's books were all outstanding successes in English publishing history, she was an icon of the Victorian era. Some of those books are still being reprinted today. This little gem I had accidentally acquired has become very rare and I have not found any reprints yet.
So I thought maybe I can manage to adapt her drawings for use on todays computers. I ventured to redraw her delicate illustrations blowing them up 300 percent, being forced to simplify them without loosing her touch. It took quite some time! While redrawing them I discovered that she most certainly drew them in at least three different sessions as well.
Then I scanned my drawings and put them in a font. To make the font more usable, I added the ten numerals in Kate's style, the original does not have those. I think she would have liked my adaptations.
- Posted by
- Wiescher Design
- Posted on
- Jul 12, 2016
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.