SmytheSans Pro Thin Font
- Font Name
- SmytheSans Pro Thin Font
- Font Family
- SmytheSans ProSmytheSans Pro
- Copyright (c) 2016 by Ian Lynam. All rights reserved.
- SmytheSans Pro is a contemporary workhorse sans serif family that is eminently readable on-screen and in print. It is an updated version of our popular family Smythe Sans—we extended the characters sets, redrew most of the characters, rigorously spaced and kerned the entire family, and added a bunch of new features. Smythe Sans Pro includes Western, Central and Eastern European and Vietnamese character sets and is offered in five weights: thin, ultra light, light, regular and bold.
Smyth Sans Pro features a large x-height, ample yet economic spacing for capitals, and subtle ink traps for less-than-perfect printing conditions (which can be exploited as design features at large scale). All of the capitals from the old Smythe Sans Display family are folded in to Smythe Sans Pro as OpenType accessible stylistic alternates—NASA-inspired space age alternate caps galore! The original Smythe Sans family featured Italic and Oblique cuts—in Smythe Sans Pro, the more calligraphic italic characters are available via OpenType-accessible stylistic sets. Each weight of Smythe Sans Pro features a bespoke paragraph mark which varies from weight-to-weight and includes over 100 ornament, kinetic rule, form, symbol and pattern-making glyphs so that one might use Smythe Sans Pro as a complete design kit.
The lighter weights are slightly slimmer than the regular and bold weights to give the typeface more of a vertical feel, inviting readers' to rapidly read typeset text with a maximum of contrast and a minimum of optical dazzle. All work well on-screen as webfonts and in print as book type. Each is hinted with accuracy and kerned with precision.
SmytheSans is an eminently readable typeface, particularly at small sizes on-screen. The strokes throughout are modulated to enhance humanist expression, with high-contrast horizontal slices taken out of certain letterforms to keep readers' eyes moving forward in text. The typeface's tendency toward a tall x-height was carried through the single-storied font with more horizontal characteristics for enhanced readability while being super-friendly and bright in appearance.
Features of Smythe Sans Pro:
- complete Western, Central and Eastern European characters sets optimized for text typesetting
- radically improved spacing guaranteeing beautiful results in print and on screen for the Czech, English, Hungarian, Croatian, Esperanto, Maltese, Romanian, Turkish, Albanian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Basque, Bulgarian, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian and Vietnamese languages
- all lowercase characters have an enlarged x-height, creating less optical dazzle than typefaces like Futura, Neutra or Avant Garde
- ink traps to enhance smooth printing when using less-than-optimum production processes like Risograph or if a press is overloaded with ink
- retro-futuristic alternate characters for most capitals
- 100+ ornament, kinetic rule, form, symbol and pattern-making glyphs
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Aug 05, 2016
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App, ePub & Stock Art
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.