Whippin Picadilly Font
- Font Name
- Whippin Picadilly Font
- Font Family
- Whippin PiccadillyWhippin Piccadilly
- Copyright (C) 2016 Simon Stratford. Simonstratford.com
- Whippin Piccadilly my latest handmade font with 4 contextual alternatives for each letter.
If you turn on contextual alternatives (opentype) you will notice letter combinations will be replaced with alternative glyphs. Some are joined up, some are just different.
This makes Whippin Piccadilly look much more random. Some letters are rotated one way, some the other. Some are fatter, some are thinner. It looks like a real oddball—I love that.
The real benefit is that you won't get the same letter twice in a word.
You need to enable contextual alternatives in your application. You can also access any of the letters in photoshop by using the glyphs panel.
The result of all the different characters is that Whippin Piccadilly has a happy go lucky personality. It looks fun and playful.
If this font were a celebrity it would be more Zach Galifianakis than Zac Efron.
The alternatives give it a quirky and sometimes mismatched appearance, but that’s part of the charm.
It’s ideal for book covers, posters, and packaging.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Contextual Alternates, Glyph Comp/Decomp, Discretionary Ligatures, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Stylistic Alternates
- Posted by
- Simon Stratford
- Posted on
- Aug 28, 2017
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2019 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.