Janson URW Bold Italic Font
- Font Name
- Janson URW Bold Italic Font
- Font Family
- Copyright 2010 URW++ Design & Development
- This is URW's digitization and design of Miklós Tótfalusi Kis's classic serif Janson. Janson is the name given to an old-style serif typeface named for Dutch punch-cutter and printer Anton Janson. Research in the 1970s and early 1980s, however, concluded that the typeface was the work of a Hungarian punch-cutter named Miklós (Nicholas) Tótfalusi Kis. Tótfalusi Kis traveled to Amsterdam in 1680 to apprentice under Dirk Voskens and cut several typeface while working under Voskens, producing a roman text face c. 1685 upon which present-day Janson is based. Tótfalusi Kis also cut Greek and Hebrew typefaces, both for use in printing Polyglot Bibles. Janson shows strong influence of the Dutch Baroque typefaces.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Denominator, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Ordinals, Small Caps, Superscript
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Sep 28, 2010
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.