LTC Californian Pro Text Font
- Font Name
- LTC Californian Pro Text Font
- Font Family
- LTC CalifornianLTC Californian
- Copyright (c) 2005 by Lanston Type Co.- P22 type foundry. All rights reserved.
- Frederic Goudy designed Californian as a private commission for the University of California at Berkeley in 1939. This face is often considered to be the finest type design from the prolific Goudy. Californian was later released by Lanston Monotype for general use by designers and printers. There have been various digital versions of this striking roman face, but none so true to the original as the newly digitized LTC Californian. The original patterns from which the metal type was made were used as direct reference in digitizing. In keeping true to the details of the metal type, the face can appear thin (metal types were often designed with the intention that ink gain from letterpress printing would make the type appear heavier). Therefore a slightly heavier weight was made for text purposes while the original weight remains well suited for display settings and setting text for letterpress printing (photopolymer).
Designed by Frederic Goudy
- Standard, Capitals to Small Caps, Case Sensive Forms, Denominator, Fractions, Historical Forms, Historical Ligatures, Standard Ligatures, Lining Figures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Oldstyle Figures, Ordinals, Proportional Figures, Stylistic Alternates, Scientific Inferiors, Small Caps, Superscript, Tabular Figures
- Posted by
- Lanston Type Company
- Posted on
- Nov 12, 2010
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.