Bouwmsa Text Bold Italic Font
- Font Name
- Bouwmsa Text Bold Italic Font
- Font Family
- Bouwsma TextBouwsma Text
- Copyright 2008 Philip Bouwsma. Published by Canada Type. All rights reserved.
- Bouwsma Text is what Roman type would look like if it had been designed by calligraphers instead of metalworkers. The formal harmony of the Roman capitals, with tapered stems, graduated curves and serifs which are natural entrances and exits for the broad pen. These serifs seamlessly work in relativity with the stroke weight, decreasing in size when the stroke increases. The above is extended to the minuscule book hand. This lower case has evolved with the knowledge of its history in a seamless web from the uncial and half-uncial, the Carolingian bookhand and its profusion of styles, finally merging with the capitals in the sober, tempered forms of modern use. The moving calligraphic stroke brings life and instant familiarity to the letters, combining classical legibility and proportion with the warmth and presence of a manuscript.
- Standard, Standard Ligatures
- Posted by
- Canada Type
- Posted on
- Nov 16, 2010
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2017 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.