Ambassador Script Pro Font
- Font Name
- Ambassador Script Pro Font
- Font Family
- Ambassador ScriptAmbassador Script
- Copyright 2007 Canada Type. All rights reserved.
- When Aldo Novarese designed his 'tipo inglese' Juliet typeface, he had a simple objective in mind: Reduce the inclination angle of the traditional 18th and 19th centuries English script in order to make the punchcutter's job easier and the resulting metal type more durable.
But when Juliet was released by Nebiolo in 1955, it was a big surprise to both typesetters and calligraphers all over Europe. Novarese's idea of working the standard copperplate script within the limited technology of the time proved to be a marvel in optical metal sizing (Juliet was available in sizes ranging from 12 to 60 pt), but also opened the door to new calligraphic possibilities. Easier readability and a very friendly color were obvious side effects of the reduced angle. So soon after its release, calligraphers worldwide began emulating the angle reduction and experimenting with the application of the same concept to other calligraphic genres. Today, more than 50 years later, many professional calligraphers point to Novarese's Juliet as an opening to fresh ideas and new directions in 20th century elegant calligraphy.
Ambassador Script, this digital version of Aldo Novarese's surprising masterpiece, is the result of more than a thousand hours of work. Going above and beyond its duty as a revival, it was expanded by a great number of alternates, swashes, beginning and ending forms, as well as accompanying flourishes and snap-on strokes for even more ending forms. Ambassador Script also supports almost every known Latin-based language, which makes its name all the more fitting.
Ambassador Script is available in all popular font formats. The True Type and Postscript Type 1 versions come in 12 fonts, available in different piecemeal configurations or a full volume. The OpenType version collects more than 2300 characters in a single feature-rich font that can sing mightily in OpenType-supporting applications.
Ambassador Script is ideal for weddings, invitations, greeting cards, book and magazine covers, or anywhere a touch of calligraphic elegance is desired.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Contextual Alternates, Discretionary Ligatures, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Ornaments, Stylistic Alternates, Swash, Titling Alternates
- Posted by
- Canada Type
- Posted on
- Oct 23, 2007
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2020 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.