Clarendon URW Wide Extra Bold Font
- Font Name
- Clarendon URW Wide Extra Bold Font
- Font Family
- URW ClarendonURW Clarendon
- Copyright 2010 URW++ Design & Development
- URW Clarendon is a family of 50 serif fonts for only $99. This version of Clarendon was released by URW Studio, (based on Hermann Eidenbenz's version) in 1994.
Clarendon is an English serif typeface that was originally created in England by Robert Besley for the Fann Street Foundry in 1845. Due to its popularity, Besley registered the typeface under Britain's Ornamental Designs Act of 1842. The patent expired three years later, and other foundries were quick to copy it. Clarendon is considered the first registered typeface, with the original matrices and punches remaining at Stephenson Blake and later residing at the Type Museum, London. It was named after the Clarendon Press in Oxford.
The font was used extensively by the government of the German Empire for proclamations during World War I, and was also common in wanted posters of the American Old West. Clarendon can also be used for the logotypes of corporations such as Sony and Wells Fargo.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Case Sensive Forms, Denominator, Fractions, Standard Ligatures, Localized Forms, Numerator, Ordinals, Scientific Inferiors, Small Caps, Superscript
- Posted by
- Posted on
- Dec 22, 2010
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.