- Font Name
- Lexington Font
- Font Family
- Copyright (c) 2006 by Hans van Maanen. Published by Canada Type. All rights reserved.
- A revival and major expansion of a 1926 Ludwig Wagner Schriftgiesserei typeface called Titanic, Lexington is the ultimate art deco expression of the high times of signage and theater during the first half of the twentieth century. Big feminine caps and cozy direct minuscules make for a unique combination rarely found in other deco faces.
Topped off with the humorous and quite suave tall and pointy ascenders and descenders of the alternates, Lexington makes for a versatile and uniquely eye-catching display face beneficial to poster art, book covers, classy menus, product packaging and music paraphernalia.
The original specimen Hans van Maanen worked from showed the majuscules, minuscules, figures, and 4 alternates of some ascending minuscules. This new digital version includes all of the above, plus many more additions:
- Plenty more alternates, for come caps as well as for all the ascending and descending lowercase.
- Three different size variations for the comma and the period.
- Oldstyle figures.
- A full complement of accented characters to support more Latin-based languages than ever, including Baltic, Celtic, Turkish, and Central/Eastern European languages.
- A Handtooled style variations that covers both the main character set and the alternates.
Lexington was named after Manhattan's Lexington Avenue, home of the some of the most famous and polished art deco architecture of the 1920s and 1930s.
- Standard, Access All Alternates, Contextual Alternates, Standard Ligatures, Lining Figures, Oldstyle Figures, Stylistic Alternates
- Posted by
- Canada Type
- Posted on
- Mar 20, 2013
- Product Ranking
- Highest Rank Achieved
- Licensing available
- Desktop, WebFont, Mobile App & ePub
The Original Creative Marketplace
Copyright © 2002-2018 YouWorkForThem. All Rights Reserved.